The Museum provides 310 indoor parking spaces for your convenience.
Rate: $2.50 per half hour
Daily maximum rate: $12.50
Flat rate from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m.: $6.00
Prices are subject to change for special events and festivals.
THE MUSEUM OFFERS A FULLY AUTOMATED FAST AND EASY-TO-USE PARKING SYSTEM.
Visitors have two payment options:
- Pay before you leave, at the pay station inside the Museum:
- Insert your ticket in the slot and your fee will be calculated
- Insert cash or credit card
- Your ticket will be validated as paid
- Keep your ticket and insert it onto the slot at the automated exit terminal
- Proceed directly to the exit
- Insert your ticket in the exit terminal
- Insert your credit card in the slot to open the gate
There is additional parking on streets around the Museum. Check for posted hours and rates.
The parking system at the Canadian War Museum is fully automated, fast and easy to use.
Q. How do I proceed?
A. This is the parking process:
- Enter the Museum’s parking garage, where you will obtain a ticket from the automated entry gate terminal.
- Bring your parking ticket with you into the Museum.
- When you have completed your visit and are ready to leave, you can go to one of the pay stations located inside the Museum to pay for parking.
- You can pay with cash or credit card at the pay station. Keep the ticket that was validated by the pay station. The pay station will give change in cash and issue a receipt.
- Go to your car and make your way to the parking exit.
- At the automated exit terminal, insert your validated ticket and the gate will open.
- You can also pay your ticket, by credit card only, at the parking exit.
Q. What are my payment options?
A. The Museum has two options for payment:
- Automated pay stations located inside the Museum: Visitors can use them to pay parking fees before leaving. These pay stations accept cash and credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express).
- Automated exit terminals located at the parking exit: These terminals accept credit card only (Visa, MasterCard, American Express).
Q. Where are the pay stations?
A. There are two pay stations, at the elevator lobbies at the P1 and P2 parking levels.
Q. What happens if I forget to pay for parking at the pay station inside the Museum?
A. At the automated exit terminal, you can pay for your parking by credit card only. The terminal will issue a formal receipt.
Q. If I have a problem when I pay at one of the pay stations or terminals, where can I get assistance?
A. All our pay stations and terminals are equipped with a HELP button. Simply push the button and an attendant will answer at any time to assist you.
Q. Is it secure to use my credit card at the pay stations?
A. Yes. All our pay stations and terminals are secure and compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard.
Q. What do I do if I lose my ticket?
A. If you lose your ticket, the pay station will issue a new ticket if you press the LOST TICKET button. The maximum daily rate would then apply.
Q. Is the Museum parking facility still accessible to people with disabilities?
A. Yes. Designated parking spaces for people with disabilities are located on both P1 and P2 levels.