- Category Communication artifacts
- Sub-category Art
- Department Art and Memorials
- Museum CWM
- Earliest 1918/01/01
- Latest 1918/12/31
- Inscription (recto): C FLIGHT MACHINE CRASHED ON B HANGAR CADET UNHURT; FRANK H. JOHNSTON, '18; (verso): 11 x 13 1/8 Johnston 'C' Flight Machine Cracked on Hanger 'B'
- Medium carbon pencilwatercolour
- Support art board
- Materials Not applicable
- Service Component Canadian Air Force
- Measurements Height 28.8 cm, Width 34.4 cm
- Caption Crashed Curtis JN-4 Aircraft
This crashed Curtis JN-4 aircraft illustrates the danger of pilot training. Aircraft were flimsy and unreliable, but, without aircraft simulators, were the only tools available to learn how to fly.