- Place of Use Continent - North America, Country - Canada
- Category Communication artifacts
- Sub-category Personal symbol
- Department Arms and Technology
- Museum CWM
- Earliest 1918/12/01
- Latest 1919/09/01
- Inscription (Star/Étoile): 63789 PTE. P. SINCLAIR. 15/CAN:INF; (BWM & VM/MGB & MV): 63789 CPL. P. SINCLAIR. 15-CAN.INF.
- Support loose
- Materials Bronze, Silver, Copper, Silkworm silk
- Service Component Canadian Expeditionary Force
- Unit 15th Canadian Infantry Battalion
- Person / Institution Subject, Sinclair, Corporal Peter
- Measurements Length 16.7 cm, Width 11.5 cm, Thickness 0.3 cm
- Caption Medals Project- Sinclair, Peter
Peter Sinclair was born in Edinburgh, Scotland, on 3 May 1887. It is not known when he immigrated to Canada.
Sinclair worked as a carpenter before joining the military. He enlisted in the 23rd Battalion in Montréal, Quebec, on 6 January 1915. He was later transferred to the 15th Battalion. Sinclair was killed in action on the Somme on 7 September 1916, and his body was lost.
Peter Sinclair is commemorated on the Canadian National Vimy Memorial, on Vimy Ridge, in France.