- Place of Use Continent - North America, Country - Canada
- Category Communication artifacts
- Sub-category Personal symbol
- Department Arms and Technology
- Museum CWM
- Earliest 1918/01/31
- Latest 1920/12/31
- Inscription (obverse/avers): HE DIED FOR FREEDOM AND HONOUR BILL USZY; E.C.P.; 21 (reverse/verso): W
- Materials Bronze
- Service Component Canadian Expeditionary Force
- Unit 78th Canadian Infantry Battalion
- Person / Institution Subject, Uszy, Private William
- Measurements Thickness 0.5 cm, Outside Diameter 12.0 cm
- Caption Medals Project- Uszy, William
William Uszy was born in Piotrków, Poland, on 19 April 1895. It is not known when he immigrated to Canada.
A labourer, Uszy enlisted in the 221st Battalion in Winnipeg, Manitoba, on 18 April 1916. He was later transferred to the 78th Battalion.
Uszy was killed in action on 30 October 1917, during the Battle of Passchendaele, and his body was lost.
William Uszy is commemorated on the Menin Gate Memorial, in Ypres, Belgium.