- Place of Use Continent - North America, Country - Canada
- Category Communication artifacts
- Sub-category Personal symbol
- Department Arms and Technology
- Museum CWM
- Earliest 1919/12/01
- Latest 1919/12/01
- Inscription 700229 PTE G.F. TATE; STERLING
- Materials Sterling silver
- Rank Private
- Service Component Canadian Expeditionary Force
- Unit 19th Canadian Infantry Battalion
- Person / Institution Subject, Tate, Private George Frederick
- Measurements Length 3.8 cm, Width 3.2 cm
- Caption Medals Project- Tate, George Frederick
George Frederick Tate was born in London, England, on 18 May 1889.
A farmer, Tate enlisted in the 101st Battalion, Canadian Expeditionary Force, in Winnipeg, Manitoba, on 10 December 1915. He was later transferred to the 19th Battalion.
Tate died of wounds at No. 16 General Hospital in Le Tréport, France, on 21 November 1917.
George Frederick Tate is buried in Mont Huon Military Cemetery, Le Tréport, France.