- Category Communication artifacts
- Sub-category Art
- Department Art and Memorials
- Museum CWM
- Earliest 1915/09/10
- Latest 1915/09/10
- Inscription Copyright. Published 10th September 1915 by Henry Graves & Co. Ltd. Path Math London S.W.; F Mantania 1915; L Battery R.H.A. How our gunners won the V.C. and silenced the fire of the German Guns in face of overwhelming odds. Retreat from Mons 1st September 1914.
- Medium ink
- Support paper
- Materials Not applicable
- Branch Royal Horse Artillery
- Service Component British Army
- Measurements Height 62.0 cm, Width 92.0 cm
- Caption "L" Battery, R.H.A. Retreat from Mons
This British Horse artillery unit made a heroic stand against advancing German troops during the retreat from Mons, Belgium on 1 September 1914. Mons stayed in German hands until liberated by Canadian troops on the last day of the war, 11 November 1918.