Canadian Submarines CH-14 and CH-15
Britain transferred these "H" class submarines to Canada to replace the worn out First World War submarines CC-1 and CC-2.
Arriving in Halifax from Bermuda in 1919, the two submarines were refitted and entered Canadian service in 1921. Although these two boats were American-built, Canadian Vickers' Montreal shipyard had built similar submarines for Britain. Taken out of service in June 1922 because of budget cuts, CH-14 and CH-15 lay rusting in Halifax's Northwest Arm alongside the decommissioned light cruiser HMCS Aurora until 1927, when all three vessels were sold for scrap.
George Metcalf Archival Collection