Canada’s national museum of military historywith
- 3 millionArtifacts and items in its collection
- 500,000Visitors every year
- 2005Opened new location on Lebreton Flats
- #1Of 299 things to do in Ottawa (TripAdvisor 2018)
Copyright and Permissions
Materials on this website were produced or compiled by the Canadian War Museum for the purpose of providing Canadians with direct access to information about the Museum’s programs and services.
The material on this site is covered by the provisions of the Copyright Act and by Canadian laws, policies, regulations and international agreements. Such provisions serve to identify the information source and, in specific instances, to prohibit reproduction of materials without written permission.
Information on this site has been posted with the intent that it be readily available for personal and private non-commercial use, and may be reproduced, in part or in whole and by any means, without charge or further permission from the Canadian War Museum. We ask only the following:
- That users exercise due diligence in ensuring the accuracy of the materials reproduced;
- That the Canadian War Museum be identified as the source institution;
- That copyright and other proprietary notices be kept intact with the material; and
- That the reproduction is neither represented as an official version of the materials reproduced, nor as having been made in affiliation with, or with the endorsement of, the Canadian War Museum.
Reproduction of multiple copies of materials on this site, in whole or in part, for the purposes of commercial redistribution is prohibited, except with written permission from the Canadian War Museum. To obtain permission to reproduce materials on this site for commercial purposes, please contact:
Rights and Permissions
Library, Archives and Documentation Services
Canadian Museum of History
100 Laurier Street
Gatineau QC K1A 0M8
Some of the materials and graphical elements found on the warmuseum.ca website are subject to copyright held by other organizations. This is particularly true of modules that are jointly produced by the Canadian War Museum and an external organization as part of a collaborative arrangement. In such cases, some restrictions on the reproduction of materials or graphical elements may apply, and it may be necessary to seek permission from a third-party rights holder before reproducing the material.
To obtain information concerning copyright ownership and restrictions on reproduction on this site, please contact: email@example.com.