The Canadian War Museum is located at 1 Vimy Place, on LeBreton Flats, at the corner of Booth Street and the Sir John A. MacDonald Parkway, west of Parliament Hill. The museum is easily accessible from downtown Ottawa by foot, bicycle, public transit, or by car and offers on-site parking.
Canadian War Museum
1 Vimy Place
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0M8
If your car is equipped with, or you have, a GPS device, enter the following data:
45.416746,-75.717028 or N45°24.999, W075°42.993, Elevation 80m
or enter our address: 1 Vimy Place, Ottawa, Ontario, K1R 1C2
Rate: $2.50 per half hour
Daily maximum rate: $12.50
Flat rate from 6:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.: $6.00
THE MUSEUM OFFERS A NEW FULLY AUTOMATED FAST AND EASY-TO-USE PARKING SYSTEM
VISITORS HAVE TWO PAYMENT OPTIONS
- Pay before you leave, at the pay station inside the Museum
- Insert your ticket in the slot and your fee will be calculated
- Insert cash or credit card
- Your ticket will be validated as paid
- Keep your ticket and insert it onto the slot at the automated exit terminal
- Pay at the automated exit terminal, at the parking exit
- Proceed directly to the exit
- Insert your ticket in the exit terminal
- Insert your credit card in the slot to open the gate
There is additional parking on streets around the Museum. Check for posted hours and rates.
OC Transpo – Transitway – Lebreton Station – Routes: 8, 86, 87, 95, 96, 97
The Museum is located right on the scenic Ottawa River Pathway; bicycle racks are available by the main entrance of the Museum. We are happy to check your bike gear in our complimentary cloakroom.