MP28/2 Sub-machine Gun
Canadian sailors took this weapon from the German U-Boat (submarine) U-190 after its May 1945 surrender.
In addition to torpedoes and anti-aircraft guns, U-190, like other U-Boats, carried firearms for its crew. Sub-machine guns like this MP28/2 combined a relatively small size with a high rate of fire. Following its seizure, this particular weapon was displayed at Naval Service Headquarters in Ottawa until 1959, when the navy transferred it to the Canadian War Museum.
Sub-machine Gun, MP28/2Main imageAdditional views