The Canadian War Museum and the Canadian Museum of History are pleased to encourage the responsible use of their collections.
Reproductions of paintings, drawings and posters from the Beaverbrook Collection of War Art, photographs from the George Metcalf Archival Collection, or images of military artifacts from the museum’s collection can be custom-ordered through our Image Reproduction Services section. For more details on the collections and this service please consult our Image Reproduction Services Brochure (PDF file, 5.8Mb).
If you wish to use, reproduce or transmit any image, text or part of the collections for purposes other than personal or research use (such as for a book, brochure, CD or DVD, film or video, website, poster, exhibition, etc.), or should you wish to use the material for any purpose other than the ones already authorized, you must first obtain a written permission from the Canadian War Museum or the Canadian Museum of History.
- Please submit your request using the online request form.
- Please note that reproduction fees and usage fees are applicable and will vary according to the planned usage.
- If the copyright on the work is not completely held by the Museum, the user must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
- The credit line, as specified by the Museums, is mandatory and unless otherwise advised, permission to use is granted on a non-exclusive and one-time basis only.
- A period of 4 to 6 weeks may be necessary to process your request.
Should the online request form not be accessible, please submit a written request with the following information:
- Your name
- Name of your institution or company
- Postal address
- Fax number, telephone number and email address (if available)
- List of the material you wish to use including the photo and catalogue numbers
- Detailed description of your project, such as: title of your publication, program or product; name of publisher or producer; print run; sale price; date of production; language; rights required (Canadian, worldwide, etc.).
- When ordering a photograph of an artwork or artifact, specify the format required.
For the Canadian War Museum Collection, please send your request, questions or comments, by email, fax or regular mail to:
Canadian War Museum
Image Reproduction Services
1 Vimy Place
Ottawa ON K1A 0M8
For the Canadian Museum of History Collection, please send your request, questions or comments, by email, fax or regular mail to:
Canadian Museum of History
Rights and Permissions
Library, Archives and Documentation Services
100 Laurier Street
Gatineau QC K1A 0M8