Parking is open Wednesday through Sunday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., at the regular rates.
Rate: $2.75 per half hour
Daily maximum rate: $13
Prices are subject to change for special events and festivals.
THE MUSEUM OFFERS A FULLY AUTOMATED, FAST AND EASY-TO-USE PARKING SYSTEM.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE PARKING GARAGE IS RESERVED FOR MUSEUM VISITORS.
Visitors have two payment options:
- Pay before you leave, at the pay station inside the Museum:
- Insert your ticket in the slot and your fee will be calculated.
- Pay by cash, debit, credit or mobile.*
- Your ticket will be validated as paid.
- Keep your ticket and insert it in the automated exit terminal.
- Proceed directly to the exit.
- Insert your ticket in the exit terminal.
- Pay by debit, credit or mobile.*
*The machine accepts debit, Interac Flash, Visa, Mastercard, American Express, PayPass, payWave, and mobile payment applications such as Apple Pay.
There is additional parking on the streets around the Museum. Check for posted hours and rates.
The Canadian War Museum’s parking system is fully automated, making it fast and easy to use. The system uses automated pay stations equipped with easy-to-follow instructions.
Q. How do I use the parking system?
A. Please follow these steps:
- When you enter the parking, wave your hand in front of the contactless button on the terminal to get a ticket. Bring your parking ticket with you into the Museum.
- When you’re ready to leave, you can pay for your parking at one of the pay stations located inside the Museum (by cash, debit, credit or mobile).
- Keep your validated ticket. The pay station will give change in cash and issue a receipt.
- Go to your car and make your way to the parking exit. At the automated exit terminal, insert your validated ticket and the gate will open.
- You can also use our contactless automated exit terminal and pay by debit, credit or mobile.
Q. What are my payment options?
A. The exit terminal accepts debit, Interac Flash, Visa, Mastercard, American Express, PayPass, payWave, and mobile payment applications such as Apple Pay. The pay stations inside the Museum also accept cash.
Q. Where are the pay stations?
A. There are two pay stations, located in the elevator lobbies at the P1 and P2 parking levels.
Q. What happens if I forget to pay for parking at the pay station inside the Museum?
A. At the contactless automated exit terminal, you can pay for your parking by debit, credit or mobile. The terminal will issue a receipt.
Q. If I have a problem when I pay at one of the pay stations or terminals, where can I get assistance?
A. All of our pay stations and terminals are equipped with a HELP button. Simply push the button and an attendant will assist you.
Q. Is it secure to use my credit card at the pay stations?
A. Yes. All of our pay stations and terminals are secure and compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard.
Q. What do I do if I lose my ticket?
A. If you lose your ticket, press the button marked LOST TICKET at the pay station. A new ticket will be issued. The maximum daily rate would then apply.
Q. Is the Museum parking facility accessible to people with disabilities?
A. Yes. Designated parking spaces for people with disabilities are located on the P1 level.
Bike racks are available at the front of the Museum near the Group Entrance, along the bicycle path at the back of the Museum (next to the Café terrace) and in the parking garage.