- All personal information held or collected by the CMCC is protected under the federal Privacy Act.
- CMCC Web sites do not automatically gather any specific personal information from you, such as your name, phone number or e-mail address. We would only obtain this type of information if you supplied it voluntarily by sending us an e-mail or registering in a secure portion of the site.
- The CMCC employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. This software receives and records the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer that has contacted the Web site, the date and time of the visit, and the pages visited. We make no attempt to link these addresses with the identity of individuals visiting our site unless an attempt to damage the site has been detected.
- The CMCC does not normally use “cookies” to track how our visitors use this site or to determine sites previously visited. (A “cookie” is a file that may be placed on your hard drive without your knowledge by a Web site to allow it to monitor your use of the site.)
- Information on individual visitors is used by CMCC employees who need to know the information in order to respond to your requests or to ensure the security of this system. We only share the information you give us with another government institution if your inquiry relates to that institution. We do not use the information to create individually identifiable profiles, nor do we disclose this information to anyone outside the federal government.
Questions or comments regarding this policy, or the administration of the Privacy Act in the CMCC may be directed to the Corporate Secretary and Director General, Strategic Planning, Canadian Museum of Civilization Corporation, 100 Laurier Street, Gatineau, Quebec, Canada K1A 0M8. If you are not satisfied with our response to your privacy concern, you may wish to contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner.