Canada’s national museum of military historywith
- 3 millionArtifacts and documents in its collection
- 500,000Visitors every year
- 2005Opening year of new location on Lebreton Flats
- #1Of things to do in Ottawa according to TripAdvisor
Mandate, Vision and Values
To enhance Canadians’ knowledge, understanding and appreciation of events, experiences, people and objects that reflect and have shaped Canada’s history and identity, and also to enhance their awareness of world history and cultures.
Dare to inspire tomorrow’s history
Each day, our actions, decisions and inspiration will be driven by our vision statement.
Values are the cornerstone of any organization — they inform our behaviours, underpin how we perform our work, and provide a backdrop for aligned decision making. These four statements are intended to work hand-in-hand with our vision statement and strategic directions.
Act with integrity
- We underpin all we do with mutual respect, honesty and accountability to advance a thriving organizational culture.
- We ensure accuracy, objectivity and transparency to build trust across all our interactions.
- We accept our responsibility to always do better, adapt, and improve our actions and decisions.
Engage with curiosity
- We recognize and support the intrinsic value of every individual to create a positive and productive experience.
- We actively listen and create spaces and opportunities that give everyone a voice in an inclusive environment that promotes authenticity.
- We take pride in our work with an unwavering passion to expand our knowledge and understanding of museology.
Lead through change
- We choose to always apply innovative thinking, questioning and risk-taking to drive the best solutions.
- We lead and act with courage to foster impactful innovation and excellence.
- We boldly challenge the status quo through a proactive and respectful mindset.
Collaborate with purpose
- We recognize the power of sharing ideas, co-creating and working together to deliver on our mandate.
- We model open, transparent and respectful communication, creating a safe environment built on different perspectives.
- We accept our responsibility for stewardship that embraces diverse knowledge to provide an accessible and inclusive understanding of our history.