After the First World War, communities across Canada created memorials to their war dead. Many cities, towns, and villages commissioned stained glass windows for their churches and public buildings.
This window was installed in the Welcome Zion Congregational Church in Ottawa in 1922. It was part of a larger group of three windows commemorating eight fallen congregation members, four of whom are named here: George W. Crosbie, Robert Radmore, James W. H. May, and John Lippett. The window design also includes common symbols of patriotism and remembrance: a crown, a cross, and poppies.
The window came to the Canadian War Museum after the church closed in 1941.
- Date Made 1919–1941
- Corporal George William Gordon Crosbie
- Private Robert Radmore
- Private James W. H. May
- Private John William Lippett
- Institution Canadian War Museum
- Collection --
- Object No. 19410001-003
- Materials Glass, lead