Plan Your Group Visit
The Canadian War Museum is a destination of choice for students and adults travelling in groups. We offer a wide range of services, experiences and educational resources tailored for groups of 15 or more.
The Museum is open and ready to welcome groups. Group members can enjoy self-guided visits of the following spaces:
Canadian Experience Galleries
- Gallery 1: Early Wars in Canada
- Gallery 2: The South African and First World Wars
- Gallery 3: The Second World War
- Gallery 4: From the Cold War to the Present
North Corridor and Portrait Wall
- The Canadian Forces Artists Program – Group 8
- Invasion! – Canadians and the Battle of Normandy, 1944
To ensure a safe and rewarding experience for all, we have implemented a number of measures for visits to the Museum. Learn more about our safety measures.
Online Visit Planning Tool – Temporarily Unavailable
Ideal for schools, the Online Planning Tool allows you to browse suggested pre-made itineraries or create your own.
Our Call Centre is available to take your booking and answer any of your questions, Wednesday to Sunday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please call 819-776-7014 or 1-800-555-5621, or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Groups must reserve tickets with a specific entry time in advance.
|Adult / Senior (18 Years +)||Student / Child (3 – 17)|
(War Museum or Museum of History)
(War Museum and Museum of History)
|1 Museum + 1 CINÉ+ Film
(Museum of History)
|2 Museums + 1 CINÉ+ Film
(War Museum and Museum of History)
|School Program||$1 per program, per student|
|Guided Tour||$3 per person|
|Activity Sheets||$1 per sheet|
- Admission to special exhibitions is included in the Group Admission fees.
- Group Rates apply to groups of 15 visitors and more.
- Admission is free for children under three years of age.
- When you reserve a combo that includes activities at the Canadian Museum of History and the Canadian War Museum, tickets are valid for three consecutive days, starting on the day of the first visit.
- The combined activities are valid for the same group.
- Adult group leaders must remain with students and children at all times.
- Admission fees are subject to change without notice.
Student Supervision Requirements
Please note the required adult-to-student ratios for a school visit: 1 adult for every 10 children/students.
Teachers and accompanying adults play an important role in helping us ensure our school programs run smoothly. We will need your help to keep the group together, and to ensure that rules are being followed and behaviour is appropriate. Please also let us know in advance if there are any special needs we can accommodate.
Tour Operators: The Group Tour Leader and the bus driver (per motor coach)
School groups: All accompanying teachers are free with their group.
Additional Accompanying adults: 1 adult per every 10 children/students. Other additional accompanying adults pay the child/student rate
Changes and Cancellations
The Museums must be informed in writing of changes or cancellations at least 14 days prior to the visit. Otherwise, the total cost of the booking will be charged to the credit card provided when the booking was made. There is no charge for cancellations due to transportation issues related to inclement weather.
Payment may be made in cash, by credit card (Visa, Mastercard or Amex), or by cheque made payable to the Canadian Museum of History (please indicate the reservation number on the cheque).